LoL Things That Piss People Off
I’ve been playing a lot of League lately. And I have compiled a list of polite gaming behavior that players should use.
- Don’t be an asshole.
That’s it. But some people don’t understand. So here are some easy guidelines:
- Call your lane. If someone has already called that lane, call a different one. Switch it up. You want proficiency in all lanes and as a jungler–not just as bot lane. Support and ADC are bot lanes.
- Tell people if you’ve never played your character before. If this is your first time playing as Fiora (or other character), tell your teammates. They will appreciate it and be patient. Also, they will most likely give you tips on how to play her (or other character).
- Call your missing enemies. A lot of people ping to call for assistance, to signal retreat, and most importantly if your enemy is mia and might be heading to gank. If you do it, your teammates will be grateful and they’ll start doing it (in most cases).
- Leash your Jungler. A lot of people will either have 2 top and 2 bot, or 1 top, 1 jungler, and 2 bot. The jungler needs to be leashed. This means help them kill their first monster. Make sure they don’t die. Experienced junglers will ping you away, when they have a handle. Otherwise watch and help for a bit. But make sure you don’t kill the monster. That’s the jungler’s job.
- Answer your teammates assistance calls. If you teammate dies, your teammate will feed an enemy–an enemy who will soon be too amped up to kill unless taken care of ASAP. This will hurt your team. Answer your teammates calls for help. And they’ll be more keen to answer your calls.
- Don’t kill steal. If your teammate has ample health and is about to kill an enemy, don’t kill the enemy yourself. If you’re either in a mess of a battle with 4 or more champions and struggling, or if your teammate is low health, kill stealing is okay. But if they put up a fuss about it, apologize.
- Don’t put up a fuss about kill stealing. Seriously, don’t do it. Especially if you are playing a support or ranged character. Your main goal as support or ranged, is to support your team. You should get more assists than kills. Likewise, if your teammate is a support or ranged character, don’t be a baby. They will not have nearly as many kills as you, with some exceptions. Let them get a few kills. If kill stealing becomes a real problem, bring it up on chat. If the problem isn’t addressed then, report the player after the game.
- Don’t be a dick in chat. If you’re playing with someone not as experienced or leveled as you, don’t repeatedly call them a noob, stupid, dumb, retarded, or any other names. Not even if they’re the asshole doing that and you want to call them an asshole. Report the player after the game for verbal harassment. Don’t harass them back. Don’t lash out at them either. Don’t spam the chat either. It’s distracting and could kill a teammate inadvertently while they’re looking at your 50 pings. Offer help if a teammate is feeding or looks like they need help. Don’t tell them to go fuck themselves or that they’re such a fucking noob and so stupid. EVER. You have no idea what is happening on their side of the screen.
- Don’t join a game if you have to be afk at any point. Bathroom breaks are okay during long deaths. Emergencies are okay. But don’t start a game then leave for a concert halfway through. It will cost your teammates the game. League will penalize you and your teammates will report you. Vomiting and such emergencies are okay. Sucky internet is okay. But if you’ve been throwing up every 15-20 minutes, please don’t start a game. You won’t be able to finish it. And it will hurt your team. Likewise if you’ve been trying to playing a game 3-5 times and your internet is being funky and keeps disconnecting you, don’t start another game. It’s not cool to your teammates. They will be playing 4 against 5 most of the time. It’s just not cool.
- Don’t be afraid to report players who are abusing you or are purposefully hurting your chances of winning. That’s why there’s a report button.
- Honor and add players frequently. At the very least, honor the players you admire.
This has been how to be a good/neutral player on League of Legends.